- 3v3 Soccer is claimed to be the fastest growing form of soccer in the World. Its greatest popularity is in North America, where hundreds, and perhaps thousands of tournaments take place each year, however it is also played in many other countries.
- It is a much faster paced, and higher scoring game than traditional full sided soccer. The speed of the attack, the use of triangulation, and the strategies bring aspects of hockey into the game. The quick shift from one end of the field to the other after a goal is scored, or upon loss of possession is reminiscent of basketball. It requires the blending of individual skills with teamwork.
- It's gain in popularity is largely due to every member of the team gets equal playing time, and equal touches on the ball. All players on the field are a part of the play. Because of the speed of the game, and the fact that players are constantly in motion, there are frequent substitutions. A typical player may be rotated on six times or more in one game. There are no permanently assigned positions as there are in full-sided soccer, giving each team member equal status and equal importance. This helps to develop individual skills.
Rock Athletic Centre Oakville
|AGE GROUP||BIRTH YEAR|
What is 3v3 Soccer?
Need to Know's
- Individual registations welcome
- Team registration (up to 5 players) welcome
- Friend requests welcome for players who don’t have 5 for a team
- Same color shirts are encouraged (training bibs will be provided if needed)
- Teams will be awarded 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss
- Top four teams after the group stage of games will participate in the play-off round
- The winning team will receive 3v3 Coerver Cup/FGS T-Shirts
- Some players may play up to complete the team roster
All players welcome - Future Girls and Non Future Girls
More Need to Know's -
- After the round robin playoffs will be determined by group standings
- Goals for/against will break standing ties, goals for if still tied
- First versus Second will play for Championship
- View the official 3v3 Christmas Classic rules here